View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:47 PM
I hate doing dishes

Mein Auto: '05 X3 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemycar View Post
Thanks for that info, Ishniknork. So my assumption to immediately blame the studio would still have been the right one. Per usual. Too bad though, I liked that Lionsgate (and 20th Cent Fox) had MA on all their stuff from back when. I will simply avoid Lionsgate BDs for rentals from now on perhaps, a shame.
Yes, you are correct and it is a shame. Lionsgate seems to put out a lot of movies I like.

Last weekend I rented The Avengers (Disney). It had 7.1 DTS-HD MA. Snow Whit and the Huntsman (Universal) also had DTS-HD MA 7.1. The weekend before I rented Cabin in the Woods- only 5.1 (Lionsgate). The first one I noticed was The Hunger Games, also Lionsgate. I was surprised when I played it and only got DD 5.1 after reading a review stating it was DTS-HD MA 7.1.

Personaly, for a rental I can live with DD 5.1. Not saying I like it, but I can live with it. I don't usually buy a movie until I preview it and renting is usually how I do it. I may just put off renting new releases from Lionsgate until the rental price drops. It's bad enough new release BD's cost the same as a DVD at Blockbuster, if I don't get all the audio I won't pay full price.

Last edited by Ishniknork; 10-08-2012 at 11:01 PM.