View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I was thinking of getting a panamera gts before I knew the GC existed. But after being overwhelmed by all the options and nobody in the Austin Porsche dealership wanting to pay attention to me I decided I would move on for now.

Although, after seeing the new gran turismo concept, I could easily see that being my next vehicle after the GC.
Funny you should mention the treatment you received at your local Porsche dealer being a factor in your decision because I had that on my mind when I was thinking about the Porsche and didn't know what to expect from the dealer. [This is my first Porsche.] I called ahead (checking to see if "the coast was clear") to explain that I was in a leased BMW 7 Series and interested in test driving the Panamera as a potential next. It turned out that I was speaking with the manager (at Porsche of Tysons Corner) and he could not have been more gracious...he told me that they had every model of the Panamera available for me to test drive, and they did. I must have spent about two hours with my salesman test driving cars, and this was on a Saturday morning. Also, the salesman was very knowledgeable and walked me through all of the options (and buttons) on the cars...they actually appear more complicated than they are. The wonderful way that I was treated there made my decision to purchase rather easy...in addition to getting such a great price on my car. By the way, I did not test drive the Turbo notwithstanding that they offered it for testing to me 3 times...the third time being the funniest, as I was signing the papers for my 4S, and them saying "just try the Turbo"...all I could think (honestly) was wondering how many sets of tires I would go through in a year with that car.

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus