View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:01 AM

Mein Auto: '07 650i convertible
I dropped it off last night, and my service rep happened to be there. I told him about the error and he immediately went to the unfavorable driver profile defense. In fact he said if that's what the diagnostic report tells them, BMW won't let them do anything else. How riduculous. This is what happened the first time around. They gave me the driver profile defense. Then when it failed again a month later they magically discovered that there was an electrical problem that was draining the battery. Then when it failed again they found the battery itself was faulty.

I should have asked them if their sales reps routinely offer a battery tender as an option. "By the way Ms. Jones, unless you commute via the interstate for greater than 30 minutes daily, you do realize your $100k car won't actually work unless you plug it into the wall with one of these handy devices!" German engineering indeed.

In other news, he also went into the discourse about heat being the issue behind my top not locked error to which I cut him off and said, "nope." I told him to go back and look at my service history and he will see it has popped up at all times/temperatures/seasons. This time - 70 degree, sitting in a garage. I told him not to bother with the TSB since that has been done at least five times and the sensors replaced twice. But given what he said about the battery, I doubt the techs will go beyond the, "well this is what BMW says to do for this error." I pleaded with him to ask his techs to think out of the box, but I am not hopeful.