View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avoiceoreason View Post
I actually uttered this line when first presented with the "unfavorable driver profile" line: "If I wanted a plug-in I would have bought a Volt!"

So yes, I do feel that way ... and then find myself wondering why I don't get better gas mileage.

Thanks for the tips/links to battery tender info BTW.

Is it a bad sign that I found myself trolling Porsche and Audi websites yesterday???
Not at all, I am less than impressed with BMW in general. Love the 6, best car I have ever owned or driven, but from a reliability standpoint a complete dud of a brand.

I had a Boxster before this, some will call out the RMS/IMS failure which leads to engine replacement on 911's and Boxsters. But that can be done with a repair if out of warranty. Porsche chooses to change out the engine to save on tearing down to the part, which doesn't seem terribly hairy. And they typically cut a great deal even out of warranty if the RMS/IMS fails. But it was a very reliable car, easy to work on, very nice experience in my 9 years of ownership.

I drove the Audi S5 Convertible and it was a great ride. Very comparable in my mind to the 6, only faster! Less HP but quicker car, go figure. It doesn't have quick the looks or curb appeal though. Anyway, not ready to send my 6 packing yet.

Do yourself a favor and top off the battery every once and a while. It is a nice feeling when I come out to the garage and see the little green light saying I am all charged up, takes the entire night to get there.

Last edited by tampamark; 10-09-2012 at 01:06 PM.