View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1999 528i Blue/Sand
OK. I've been reading about Headlights for 2 days now.....and I'm no more educated than when I started.

I have a 1999 528 with stock headlights. The Driver's side is aimed a little lower than I'd like, but it looks like the adjuster was butchered by someone in the past. The adjuster raises the beam to a certain point and then stops -- there appears to be a piece of plastic jamming the light from moving any higher. OK, all well and good.

I looked for a used OEM Driver's side Headlight Assembly on ebay/craigslist/ et al. There are some in "lightly used" condition for around $125. If I'm going to spend that much for something that may not match the passenger side nor may not last much longer.....I'll spend a few extra bucks to get the famous Angel Eyes Upgrade. But in researching the Forum, I see photos of Fried Cables, burnt-out fuses and Yellowing Headlights !!!

I understand that we like M-tec products. I don't want to have to add ballast, I don't want something that will throw codes, and I don't want something that will run hot.

What's the best product out there that meets my needs ??