View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
Not only do I "like" my optioned out F30 more. It drives better too which shouldn't have a lot to do with options.
Hey no worries, it's all good. I was just teasing.

I have yet to test drive an F30. The front snount seems over large to me, but from what I gather that is due more to EU pedestrian impact standards than styling. Otherwise I'm sure it's a nice car. Not quite sure I can get to a turbo 4 banger, at least in the first year of production in the states. We will see how they last over time and whether or not there is a lurking HPFP issue awaiting buyers.

For sure BMW is listening to their target market. If the buyers in focus groups and follow up surveys are looking for more gizmos, features and sheer HP (not to mention size, and let's face it, comfort) than the competition, you can hardly blame them for keeping up. It's all about the almighty dollar/Euro/yen these days anyways...

Fortunately, for knuckle-dragging mouth breathers like me, the heart of BMW still beats on in the form of the S65B40 4.0L, 90 degree V8 that revs to 8,000+ RPM equipped with a six speed, manual-freaking-transmission that God und Baron von Falkenhausen intended.

Carry on.

- J.C. Watts Jr.