View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2Drift View Post
Thanks very much for the input. I appreciate it. In response to your question BJ I much prefer a candid opinion. I passed on the Tech package because I have no real need for the Nav which is a big chunk of the package. I know that it is a great system but in 99.9% of instances I know exactly where I'm going.For the rare instances when I'm in unfamiliar territory I have a free-standing GPS. In addition my situation does not call for updated traffic reports, etc. Likewise I'm also good without the apps. Tturedraider, I can see how the rear view camera and parking distance control would be helpful, particularly in an urban environment and I appreciate your suggestion that I take another look at these options. In my case perhaps they are not as needed. In my location it is very rare that parallel parking is necessary. In the vast majority of situations I encounter in daily driving parking is a breeze. The car is in my garage at home, in a multilevel parking structure at work or in a lot for shopping, errands, etc. BMW Assist is another matter. This is an option that you might be very glad you had should you need it. I will contact my CA today and ask about converting a Priority 3 spot to a Priority 2. Thanks for the suggestion. I am grateful for the informed opinions. Marc.

Any update? You give in to the power of the Tech Package yet?

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®