View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 330i, 04 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Try SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect. Pros in my area (and elsewhere) are raving about this stuff. I won a bottle as a door prize a few months back and found it really, really, really works. Yes, it is expensive compared to parts-store crap but you won't go through gallons of it to get results, either. Spray on, let it dwell until fully reacted (complete color change) and hose off--a narrow-jet garden hose nozzle helps. Resist the urge to scrub, wipe or brush it while it's reacting--it will significantly reduce the effectiveness.

Even with the E90's low-dust pads, my wheel barrels get pretty grungy from rotor dust. I reach most of them with a brush through the spokes, but because there isn't enough clearance between caliper and barrel I would have to roll the car a few feet to clean that area. Since I started using the Sonax cleaner I haven't had to do that--it does all the work with just a spray & rinse. The wheels only need a quick brushing once a month or so to deal with accumulated road film.

IIRC the half-liter bottle lasted for about two months of weekly cleanings.
I use sonax too and it is pretty amazing stuff. Worth a shot and cheaper than new brake pads. Still some work but its a no scrub option that might save you a lot of time.