View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 AM

Mein Auto: F10 535xi MSport
I have a few annoying rattles that are coming from both sides of the car. Two sources from the driver's side. The first is the lock post that rattles against the the opening collar of the door trim. That one was easy to find by simply placing my finger on the lock post when it is occuring and it goes away (car manufacturers used to line the collar with felt for a reason). I can't pinpoint the other source on the driver's side except I can suppress it by placing my elbow on the driver's door window sill and pressing hard on the upper window frame with my hand. Both rattles (static type sounds) wil occur under different road conditions. They both occur when I drive on gravel roads. The passenger side noise is a different story. I never sit on the passenger side (unless my wife acts as DD after a party and I'm in no shape to hear the rattle let alone try to figure the source) so I can't trace its origin but it does sound just like the second rattle described above so it may be the same issue manifesting itself on the passenger side.

The problem I have is everytime I go to the dealer the the rattle mysteriousl go quiet.
2011 535i xDrive, Dark Graphite Metallic, Veneto Beige Dakota Leather, M Sport Package, 316, 322, 3AG, 5AD, 5AG, 5DL, 609, 620, 655, 677, 6FL delivered Christmas Eve '10, Mods - quad tips, 20% tint, JB4.