View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 E55, '04 Sienna,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
BMW M5 6 speed manual driving review

Bimmerfest's very own enthusiast and moderator Emission had a chance to review the 2013 BMW M5 with the standard 7 speed M DCT and the optional 6 speed manual transmission. Emission is an enthusiast at heart with many year of manual transmission driving to his name, this isn't someone who is going to give up on rowing his own gears without a fight. That being said having driven the 2012 M6 convertible with the 7 speed M DCT I know just how good the semi-automatic transmission is. I was rooting for the 6 speed manual transmission on the M5 to come through for the enthusiasts, unfortunately it does not.

Read Emission's complete review of the BMW M5 with the optional 6 speed manual at AutoBlog.

As hard as it is to admit I have to concede that the M5 is a better car with the DCT transmission, but would I buy one with it over the manual? That isn't so easy to say. What transmission would you get in your M5?

Watch a few hot laps of the 2013 at Laguna Seca Race Track
I disagree.

I am not sure if you really read thru auto blog review.

The DCT is faster and allows driver to simply just watch out for speed and turns. But that is not what I was looking for.

I like to shift and decide what i wanted to do. Its more engaging drive.

Like masterdank said. If i want a fast track car, M5 wouldn't be on my list. I would take a 991.
2011 Sienna limited AWD- Predawn Grey
2009 E93 M3- silverstone
2007 Gallardo- Arancio Borealis
2004 E55- Tectite Grey