View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Omnes rationi moderatum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
In 2-3 years the car will be 8-9 years old. I don't think a minor bump to the bumper will affect anything. If a trusted indy checks the car pre-sale and and it checks out, go for it.

Case in point:
1) I had a 94 Honda Civic that was absolutely pristine. In 2000 it was the victim in a minor fender bender that required replacement of the left front quarter panel. It was never reported to Carfax. In 2009 I sold the car getting "top dollar" for it because it was still in pristine condition and mechanically in top shape due to regular routine maintenance both mechanical and cosmetic. I was completely honest with the buyer about the accident in 2000 and it didn't phase him.

2) My 2009 E93 sustained ~$900 of damage at 18 months old when a guy in a GM Sierra pickup 'rolled' into me at a stoplight. 6 months after the accident, I obtained the Carfax report for the car and the accident doesn't exist. Even though my car is a daily driver, I keep it it show-room condition, both mechanically and cosmetically. I guarantee that if I were to sell it at 8-9 years old, the little boo-boo it sustained early in life won't even be a consideration.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793