Thread: Coding fun
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by houbmw-cm View Post
Roseng Glad to hear you have the car and computer talking. That is pretty much one of the hardest parts, grin. Let us know how it goes once you try the updates. Once you do it a few times it is pretty easy. If you step away from it for a while it takes some refresher time. Make sure you have the car on a charger as well. You don't want the battery going dead on the laptop or the car.

I ended up using the blank FSW_PSW.MAN file to reset all my defaults, whether or not this is by design or as rebel stated activates a failsafe to default codes I don't know, but it did work to reset everything to defaults.

Here is a File I found in one of the forums online, can't remember which one ot give credit too though. This will be handy for understanidng the acronymns used for the Modules.

Have fun.
houbmw-cm,
Thanks for the PDF. I had already found this and many more documents from members that really helpful. Lots of good info but sorting through it is a challenge.

One document let us code the AEs as DRLs. From what I have seen, many of the expert coders did not know you could do this in pre-LCS cars. I found the instructions in a doc from one of the members. Really helpful, really cool.

I plan on a coding session this Friday and hopefully I will get the rest of the process sitting comfortably in my brain. Then I get to try E-SYS for my F10. Woo Hoo!

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White