View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 PM

Mein Auto: 745li
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBMW7 View Post
I'm interested in this item: "Full viper remote start system with smart start on the iPhone"

I were told by many members here that remote start is impossible for an E65.

How much would you charge for this single item alone?

It is not impossible if you know how to correctly do it. I have certification in automotive electronics and have done remote starts in Maserati quattroporte and Bentley continentals as well.

My 7 series has a full 2- way system in it that with lock and unlock and factory arm and disarm the car, opens the trunk, engages parking lights, turns interior lights on upon disarm, has monitoring of all doors, trunk and hood trigger and when armed will roll up all windows and close sunroof and activating an aux channel will lower all of them. The remote start works flawless as if using the key and powers up all electronics in car. I added smart start so I can use my iPhone to control it. The install takes about 2 days as half the dash must be disassembled and the right side of the trunk needs to be accessed

There is a handmade module that integrates into the factory push button ribbon cable that connects to bcm and with remote start engaged no lights on dash are triggered as faults

So if I did another one I use the viper 5904 which is about 600 bucks alone and with my custom module and installation it is 1600 with the viper. If you wanna add the smart start its another 400 for the viper piece and installation