View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Fun2Drive:

Thanks for the post. I'm not going to quote you here for space, but a couple of questions:

My driving style is 5 days a week generally 2X5.5 miles. Sometimes on Saturdays we'll take the E93 for errand hopping (50-75 mi). Once maybe every 8-12 weeks I get to air it out a little on an airport run or like this weekend it will get to stretch it's legs with a run to Austin and back. So, with this profile, how often would you put the car on a tender?

I can't imagine coming home from work every day and hooking it up, but I wouldn't be adverse to hooking it up on Friday if I knew I wasn't going to drive the car until Monday. Likewise, if I knew the car wasn't going to be driven for a week or 10 days that would be a no-brainer.

Recommendations?
It really isn't that hard, especially given that the car is garaged. Pop the hood, connect the red clip to the positive post (R.H.S. by the firewall), connect the black clip to the ground post on the right fender (behind the headlight housing) and plug the charger in. Given how O-C you are on the detailing end, connecting the charger should be second nature. Just my 2 cents-worth.

Edit: Alternatively, following a weekend and long non-driving charge schedule probably would sufficiently charge the battery in-between charges. If the battery runs down again with a weekend charging schedule, then a more frequent charging schedule would seem to be in order.

Last edited by anE934fun; 10-10-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: See Edit: