View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:31 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
I had 19" stock MSport wheels on my 750ix as well AND the wheel and tire insurance (which cost me $1100 in February 2011). Fortunately, I never had cause to use the insurance while I owned the car. That said, I won't drive a car off a dealer's lot without this insurance. $2400 is way too high in my opinion and I think you can do better...I've always negotiated this cost with the dealer; recently, I got my Porsche dealer to sell me this coverage for $1200, when they had offered it for $1900. However, given that insuance companies pass claim costs off to their customers, the price you were quioted probably reflects the number of wheel/tire claims received from customers in your region. In this connection, I've read countless posts on the 5 Series forum here from owners in the N.Y. and N.J. area regarding damage to wheels and tires on account of poor road conditions. For what it's worth, these policies now cover curb rash in addition to other types of damage. Bottom line: you should try to get it.

By the way your 7 sounds gorgeous, but it's just wrong to post here about a new car and not produce any pictures.

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus