View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I don't know what happened to Lexus but they definitely lost their way. My 92 SC300 coupe was one of the best cars I ever had. It was a really great GT car, very refined, excellent ergonomics, a great balance between comfort and performance and it felt like it was carved out of a solid block of steel. If they had continued to devlop that model I would have seriously considered another. As it turned out they had replaced it with the SC430 retractable hardtop convertible, which I had no interest in at all. We wound up getting the E93 as the New York car and a Jaguar XKR as the Florida car.

It will be interesting to see what Lexus comes up with over the next few years but I suspect there may be some interesting new Lexus models in the near future.

CA
As an ex-Lexus man myself, I agree with you. Lexus certainly have lost their way, and that new cooperate front end really push it over the edge for me. My first Lexus was a used LS430, that thing felt like a rock, it just takes a beating and keeps on ticking. The solidness of the LS430 was on par with my current F10. I had 3 more Lexus after that, each one was lower in quality compare to the last, ending with my 2008 GS350 which was a rattle trap. I would imagine all these quality problem in some way must have to do with Lexus's aggressive cost cutting strategy. Sometimes the affect of the cost cutting doesn’t manifest itself on the factory floor or during factory testing.