View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Living Life At The Beach

Mein Auto: 2004 325 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts2590 View Post
Yea I am stuck in some heavy traffic on the LIE at times. I think it also has to do with the way I drive like fastbob mentioned. I'm actually going to try and do the pads and rotors myself this time instead of taking it to a shop. Also should flush out my brake fluid. The car has 83k miles now which is still low for an 02. Anyone know a good DIY on the brakes and brake fluid? Or should I just search YouTube and google? And any recommendations and which website to buy from?
YouTube has some good DIY's on E46 Brake replacement. The Wiki at the top of the page also has some links to good DIY's as well. Flushing the brake fluid is a very good idea. BMW recommends every 2 years, and I do mine every 3 because it is basically a summer car. I would recommend buying your parts from oembimmerparts.com. Great service, free shipping, and a Bimmerfest sponsor. Driving fast is fun, and if the price you have to pay for that is more frequent brake replacement, I say that is money well spent! Good luck!