Thread: Z3 Roadster (E36/7) New z3 owner - my z3 story
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 2.5i Roadster
I too bought a 2001 Z3 roadster. She is sweet, but the same thing. I got the car the back window was bad and had a hole in the bottom of window stitching out. I thought ok new window. My husband took my sweet ride to a top shop, low and behold, he showed my husband that the stitching was gone in the top which actually looked good, and it would cost almost as much to put in new window as to put new top on. So 975.00 later, new top and window WOW. I also had rear brakes replaced and new plugs put in. The check engine light has been on since I left the lot. I went back after driving the car off and the guy turned it off again, but did not turn the car off. The light was off but when I stopped at a rest stop on my way back home 3.5 hours away the light came back on. I took car to local mechanic and he ran codes, he is not a factory trained mechanic, but had computer to check. I still have the check engine light on and DSC light and brake light and airbag red light is on. I am taking the car to a factory trained mechanic next week and will wait to see what is next. I love the car and it drives great, I hope I don't get left beside the road before I can get it in. Everything works on the car including radio, air, heat, and electric seats. I am going really loving this car and I will continue to bring her back to life.