View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 PM
GO GET IT $

Mein Auto: F10 550I
I just purchased a 2006 3.0i 2 days ago. 45k miles, cold weather. Premium,pkg hill decent. And panorama roof. I have to admit I completely love this truck, ( haven't missed my F10 yet) my wife and i share it. I read so much about 4.4 vs 3.0. My advisor told me to stay away from 4.4 as well due to valve guide issues. Said 3.0 was bullet proof. But you guys make good points about maintenance being a huge contributor. That's why I am happy our 3.0 was purchased at this BMW dealer, serviced there and traded in there and bought by me there. All reports for service ppi and all. Prior owner drove 6000 miles a year. I am assuming I don't have air suspension because I don't have that button.

I took her off road last night and was impressed with the approach and departure angles. Nothing crazy but a little sand and muddy puddles, up and down a few hills. The hill decent feature kicks in quick.

I hate the 17" rims though. Looking for 20" 5 spokes To beef up appearance . But in the mean time I will purchase nice winter/snow tires but want to go up to 245 vs the stock 235. Do I have to lower tire height to 60 from the 65 tire to keep same height???

Responses appreciated.