View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via ICQ to roverT Send a message via AIM to roverT Send a message via MSN to roverT Send a message via Yahoo to roverT
Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkotanto View Post
I was as frustrated as you are with brake dust but I loved the cold bite and stopping characteristics of the BMW pad so it took me a while to pull the trigger on aftermarket pads. I settled with the StopTech Street Performance pads and I'm very happy so far. IMO, they are 80-90% similar to BMW pads in stopping power but have 80-90% less dust. rockauto has the best prices.
I use the same on my car. I've been quite happy with them for the year that I've used them. My car gets dirty before my wheels do and I can stop stop hard enough to launch snot out of everyone's nose. I can do it 10 more times from 60mph to 10mph and fully clear my passenger's noses. Doing it another 2-4 times the brains start to noodle out...not a good idea but there is no brake fade on these babies.

This is a full spoke finger scoop when I did some brake pad/rotor bedding before cleaning the wheels: LOL

Last edited by roverT; 10-11-2012 at 08:24 PM.