View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5M 50d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe656 View Post
I do not know for certain but I do believe Canada ratings are based on Imperial gallons. But then again I have seen a number of Canadian users on these forums and seems they never are making quotes based on Imperial gallons.
Have been checking a couple other forums in regards to European built cars and they seem to think the trip computer is set to imperial gallons, one by the literature and that when they do a manual check they get different reading to the computer.

An imperial gallon is 20% larger than a US gallon, this quite interesting, I have manually check my Ltr/100klm and its pretty close to the computer.

I wonder if the boys over at BMWCoding forum have on this, I know there is not alot of difference in the firmware ( its coded in German anyway), there is really no difference in the code running in my X5 to yours or one in Europe. I have had changes done to mine via coders in Europe who have added a couple features you get in the US.

Think I need to read my X5 manual and see what it says about ltr/mpg?
X5 M50d White, 20"rims, Adaptive Drive, HUD, Xenon Adapt Lights, Rear/Side Camera, Sunroof, Auto Tailgate, Comfort Access, Active Perforated Ventilated Comfort Seats, M Paddle Shift, Active Crus, Stop/Go, Proff Nav + TV, DAB, 16 Spk Ind HiFi, USB, Internet, Apps, 4 Zone Air, Towbar 20% Tint, 5mm Castor Bushes, Yellow Calipers, Ceramic Pads