View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Whether this repeated statement is a joke, or serious, it is getting old. A very good percentage of the new ATS drivers now are either present or past BMW drivers, if you read those ATS forums. I at one time agreed that ATS would take a big bite out of the CTS sales, from the initial posts however, most CTS drivers actually do not like the smaller size of the ATS, while German car drivers prefer the nimble ATS size over the CTS.
Well and a good percentage people believe the Fed and government can solve our economic problems. That doesn't make them right correct?

I am with the notion, go test drive the ATS, and if you like it better than the F30 buy/lease it. Personally I wouldn't be caught dead with a GM product.

Let me tell you why that is and this is the last post I am going to say on this topic. When the Buick Enclave came out I had a chance to drive it and loved it. However we had the 4.8i X5 and dare I say with the issues I had with that SUV I seriously was thinking the next SUV will be the Enclave. My enthusiasm carried over to where I recommended it to 3 different friends, two buying it. This was during the 2009, middle of the recession and both these guys, wanted to go with a GM product to "help out".

Long story short both have had nothing but issues, one of the SUV spending almost a month for a complete electrical system rebuild. That is not the worse part. The worse is I drove one to SC and gave my friend the X5 as it has 7 seats and I need the capacity. That thing with about 17,000 miles on it had a weird noise coming out of the dash, the transmission was not smooth at all, acceleration, was lacking, and the interior showed a lot more ware and tear than any car at 17k miles has a right to. In other words it was nothing like when it was new when I test drove it. yes I did have issues with the 4.8i X5 but when I turned the SUV in at the end of the lease, it was as solid as the day I got it new. nevermind the fact that one of my friends wanted to switch out, being tired of the issues and he was shocked at how far down their value is.

One thing about German and Japaneses cars. They don't look like rags 5 years down the road. Maybe that is why they lose so little of their value compared to most American cars.

Now I am not saying that the ATS will be like this, but I can bet you anything 5 years down the road an F30 335i or 328i will hold its value much better than any ATS model.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.