Thread: Engine Swaps
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 Ex Cop 530d Touring
Hi Varsity,

I give you credit for asking questions to further increase your knowledge, which is a good thing to do. However, I do suspect you are either very new to learning about cars and/or very young. You say you don't have the money for engine swaps, which I can understand as to do swaps properly will cost thousands. However, to my point above, have you checked for insurance costs as well as maintenence costs for bigger engined and faster cars? If you are indeed young you may find the insurance premiums asked for a fast BMW will be very high indeed. I'd suggest looking around the threads about looking after a BMW as well, as the 540i has particular items which need doing regularly or the costs to put right when broken will also be correspondingly very high as well.

In order to sell your 528i, you need to accurately describe it, take great photo's point out the maintenence it's had previously and whilst you've had it. Look on car selling websites for ballpark figures of how much 528i examples are going for

Cheers, Dennis!