View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X5 3.0i
Shade

I do not know whether the rear of my panoramic sunroof is defective or not. But...... I bought the 2005 X5 from a second hand dealer who told me the sunroof was defective and was disabled.

I got home after an extended period and had to replace the two year old BMW battery due to a dead cell.

I played with some of the unfamiliar buttons throughout the vehicle learning new things.

Then I discovered a ghost in the machine.

One day I was just sitting in the car. No key in the ignition. No button pushing. Nada.

The front sunroof window opened. So I went to the BMW manual I had found online, and I went to the Bentley manual I got to help me put in the OEM trailer hitch. It was in the Bentley i found how to use the manual hex method to close the front sunroof. It was at that point I learned the dealer had just disconnected the activation buttons. The motor was still hooked up.

I closed the front sunroof. What I could not do was to return the headliner piece to the front. It is all in the back. Even in October Florida sun is blasting through the sunroof window.

Can anyone tell me how to get that piece of headliner out of the back?

I might even get adventurous and use Howard's solution for the rear one.

Thanks all!