View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16valex View Post
go on a diet!

But seriously, have you changed your air filter lately?
The air filter is OK, but I will change it for *****z & giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRYDER View Post
problem with most cars is Air pressure in your tires, simple and basic. But, I read a survey where 9 out of 10 cars on the road had wrong pressure in the tires. Now it may not seem like much, but it could very easily impact your MPG. Also things like wheel bearings, alignment, extra weight in your trunk or car, engine splash shield removed, Any excessive electrical draw, like amps subs etc...causing your alt to work harder and require more input from the engine, maf recently cleaned?

You've addressed some big stuff...how bout some of the basic stuff. Also check for the brake drag and warped rotors, anything that adds to rolling resistance will add to increase load on the engine.

Also are your tires 'stock' you haven't added width to the tires ...that too will cut into mileage...GL
I always check tire pressure. Rubber size is OEM ///M-sport (235x40x18 & 265x35x18).
My trunk is empty, and usually it's only me driving the car - it's my DD. Brake drag was adressed this year - I changed all the brake rubber boots, the brakes are fairly new, fluid changed every 1 1/2 - 2 years. MAF is brand new (the old one was still good, but I changed it anyways). The new amp is not installed yet.
The only thing I haven't changed from your list are the bearings, but there's no noise. I had the car on jacks last week, and both front wheels turn freely, very nice. No noise. Can't check the rears (for free spinning), but there's no noise either.

P.S.: no spalsh shield removed.
TMS underdrive pullies - Stewart WP - PSS9 - Beisan Vanos seals - Zimmerman cross-drilled & Akebono Euro - Deka 649 MF - 55w HID headlights - 35w HID foglights - Hualigan double din - ACS (rep) alu pedals - Euro central storage console - Breyton Magic Racing staggered wheels - M5 bumper - M5 steering wheel - Tint
Stable: e39, e53, e46 & Tribby