Thread: S54 Swap
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: what ever starts
I had to fly back from Wisconsin early due to sick dog. Ended up putting her down and that sucks! Good news is it gave me a couple of extra days unsupervised by my wife so I went out and picked up an S54.

Now to figure out a plan of attack. I think that once I begin this car will no longer see the street (legally) so it allows some latitude on how it gets set up. Crisscross , you asked about the management, I need to do some research on this to see what the pros and cons are. I like simple!

Waiting for coated bearings although I am considering not using them. I am thinking that I would do some sort of maintenance on this engine every winter and checking the bearings would be on that list. Also I was/ am looking for some info on guys that have used coated bearings and what results they have had. I am also thinking that underdrive pulleys would be nice also. Anyway lots to think about while tearing this down a bit to see what I have. After telling me there was no harness the engine came with one so I now have an extra. ECU should be here Monday or Tuesday.