View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530i 5spd Manual
Rear headrest removal tip

Ok guys, after trying to figure out how to remove them, the YouTube videos all were saying to remove the seats and this that and the other. I found a much quicker, cleaner way to get them out.

1- open trunk
2- Lay in trunk looking up
3- You will see the two headrest post bottoms for each headrest (except the middle).
4- Use a carpenter hammer and a 1/4" ratchet extention to tap them upward. (Be careful, don't drop the hammer on your face). Mine only took about two light taps per post. Came right out.

When I tried to pull them up from inside, nada. Good luck with that method. I cracked one of the speaker grilles doing this method. Figured I'd post this so I'd save some people the aggrivation.

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.
Advertisement