View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:42 PM

Mein Auto: 550i
Well I think I figured it out. One must turnd off ignition and turn it back on to register changes. The key was detected as number 4 when I fired up DIS. Go figure. What is strange is that I cannot assign separate personalization #s to each keyfob. It also requires power cycle (ignition on/off) to register changes.
Now I have key #3 (old key) and key #4. I've tried assigning different key numbers to each key fob, but it changes personalization number on both to the same number.
Another really really strange thing is that it reset everything to metric system. My trip computer, fuel gauge (electronic), mileage are now displayed in km. How is that possible? Is there something in DIS I need to enable to turn it back to industrial? It is going to drive my wife crazy...
Someone posted on bmwcoding reply to my identical post, that it requires the car to be driven. Well that's probably what was needed. Really strange. I would think once you flash the eeprom will require power cycle to register changes....

Last edited by tpaxadpom; 10-13-2012 at 06:47 PM.