View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1994 525it
I did not know about the HG test until last night. I made an appointment for Monday morning with a good BMW mechanic who once owned this model car. He will do a full diagnostic for $128. I am extremely busy right now as I have just returned from a trip and have a back log of work.
There are a lot of possible causes for the overheating. I should (as you and others suggest) do a full overhaul of the cooing system. I have read many, many threads about over heating the past few days and one theme stands out .
People change the thermostat, fan clutch, water pump and still have an overheating problem and more questions.
I am willing to spend $128 to get a professional's input. I appreciate all the help and suggestions that I have received and I know how much easier it would be for you all to help me out if you could actually stand in front of the car.
It is my son's car and he needs it back as soon as possible. If it were mine, I would do it myself. This is the first time that I have not. As I said before not only is the car overheating but I am getting a little heat from my wife.
Depending on the diagnostic and the price of repair, I will decide what to do.
Either do it myself or have them do it.
I will tell you all the out come on Monday night or Tuesday.
I have not done the HG test because I have committed to have it look at and tested in the shop.
I think there are multiple problems and I do not want to risk destroying the engine.
Thanks again for all you help and concern.