View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:42 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3brian View Post
Über-based on this thread he has a 2007 e83. That entire model range (04-10) was built by contract by Magna Styre in Gratz, Austria for us import. It was one if there best plants in their network and well regarded for efficiency and quality.

Sorry dt...thought I would help clarify....

Also the dealer is in full control of the warranty/goodwill approval process. Bmwna has given a lot of autonomy for self approval. I would ask your dealer directly to put you in contact with the regional vp for BMW, unless they are willing to continue working with you. I hate to say this but the 07 my was not the best year of the x3 line and trade assist/buy back might be the best options. I would pm Evlenger as he has been through this with an 07 and he might have some thoughts to help.

As a side note...don't let this bad apple ruin your taste for BMW/x3...my 09 has been rock solid to 99k miles. I would argue one of the best commute cars I have ever owned and fully expect it to hit 300k and beyond.

Happy to help off line if you need my input. I was ready to sign off BMW for life when I had the 07 AT. Once I got the new MT 08 in a trade assist most of the major problems went away. I can tell you that (Passport BMW of MD) contributed a great amount of pain and BS to the issue. i switched to a different dealer years later for another problem that had been on going for 5 months. The other dealer (Russel BMW of MD) resolved it in 5 hours! A dealer that will work with you can make a HUGE difference. BMWNA will back up their dealers 100% whether they are wrong or right. If they are wrong it took me a lawyer and almost a year of documenting to get past (Passport's) BS.

Good Luck and PM if you need me.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more