View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfanaug60 View Post
Hi Evan
I hope you have solved your shudder problems on your X3. I recently bought a X3 2.0d 2007 model and replaced the worn tyres. Immediately I experienced a tremendous shudder when changing gears from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd at low revs. When revs and speed is increased or when cruising speed is reached no problems are experienced. There was also a humming sound.....much like a worn wheel bearing which is audible most of the time while driving but seems to increase in intensity when slowing down to a halt. I had put on non star rated tyres (non BMW approved) out of ignorance. After a trip to a local BMW garage I was told to replace the tyres for a type and make approved by BMW. Due to the cost of this I approached a neighbour of mine who had a similar BMW and had her tyres put onto my vehicle and went for a drive. To my utter amazement....no further shudder or wheel humming was present. All problems ceased. I have since put on approved tyres to the size specified for my X3 and now love my vehicle. I was seriously thinking of selling until the problem was identified. Now will not part with it until I have had full satisfaction from this vehicle.
did you replace all 4? were they staggered? what size tires?