View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:09 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmareuki View Post
did you replace all 4? were they staggered? what size tires?
Yes .....replaced all 4 tyres to the same manufacturer. Was told that the friction co-efficient of the tyre surface on the road is an important factor and this differs from brand to brand as varying patterns and rubber types can make a difference. I must admit here that when purchased I had Dunlops on the front and Perelli on the rear and no problems were experienced. Can only assume that the friction co-efficient and the run-off is similar (both star rated tyres) for both manufacturers. What could be problematic is that the same manufacturer does not have tyre moulds for the 2 different tyres sizes found on most X3's thus the different brands for front and rear. I have put on 235 50 18 tyres on the front and 255 45 18's on the rear (as per spec). Fortunately Continental make both these size tyres and I therefore have same tyre thread pattern and rubber type for all 4 tyres. I aerated with Nitrogen. Juyst throwing that in for completion sake. Again.....the only jerk in my vehicle now..... is the driver....LOL. Hope this helps somewhat. Tyres are important and worth the cost occurred to change to approved types.