View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i Gran Turismo
When I googled the issue and even search threads on Bimmerfest, links to this 2009/2010 article came up. http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/consum...w_latest.shtml. What they told owners with the problem then in England, happens to be the same thing, almost word for word they told me in the SF Bay Area in 2012.

Several other articles comment on the problem that seems to be linked to mostly to 19" alloy wheels paired with run flat tires, and if you read comments made on the article, owners were told the same thing I was told.

Now I'm far from being an expert on this stuff but it seems to me if you run over something or hit something hard enough to crack a wheel, the tire on that wheel is going to be damaged or destroyed. But again, I'm no expert.

I just wanted to spend a lot of money to buy a car I planned to enjoy for a long time. Funny thing is with little good customer relations addressing the issue, I would be singing the praises of BMW on here and to friends and family. You all probably know the amount of depreciation that takes place after 6 months of owning a BMW. The fact that I decided to take a $10,000 plus loss to get away from this company show how disappointed I was with the company's response and my confidence in them to address any future problems.

I could see their competition bringing "Deiter" out of retirement to make new commercials about these issues lol. But seriously, if you have these wheels on your car, have a tire company check for cracks from time to time because there is no outward indication that it is cracked.. Both times it happened to me, the tire company, after they discovered the crack, did it for free.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	345720