Thread: BMW Reality !!!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
a. It sucks that your car wasn't properly detailed. I would've complained right there to whoever is in charge. (Just came back from my 2nd ED and car looked great, just like the 1st time).

2. How do you know that the car cleared customs? If I were you I'd call BMW ED (or your ca) to find out why is the car being delayed. Mine was delayed because I scracthed the car while in Europe and the VPC was fixing it. They will return the car to factory condition before they release it from the VPC so if you even scratched a rim, they'll replace that and that may take some extra time.

3. If your dealer has no clue, then call the BMW ED number (it is somewhere in the paperwork, or on the ED forum) they will explain what's oging on...

Trust me I feel your pain, I had to wait 12 weeks for redelivery (and I'm on the east coast) but you'll forget all about that and start enjoying the car as soon as you get it.

Btw, pay a visit to the ED forum, lost of info on what you can do/expect...I found it very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beevee View Post
What can I say other than to hope none of you experience the worst kind of Euro delivery and unnecessary VDC delays that I have encountered. When picking our car up at the Welt the car was presented to us with wax swirl marks and streaks. All the other cars looked well detailed but ours. I kid you not. Then our car arrives at the VDC on the 27th and clears customs on the 1st and guess what? All that talk about sold cars and euro delivery cars taking a priority for trucking to the dealers is just that......TALK......the car is still at the VDC on the 12th......they have our money and are sending several trucks a week of stock cars to the dealer I bought the car from.......that's what I call real customer service! I am glad everyone else is happy with their experience but I am not impressed......ultimate driving machine or not! I can only blame North American BMW for this as it is very obvious they do not have a handle on the VDC, when in fact they should.....my dealer has no clue where the car is. Other than to say it has not been released yet, but wait, 2 days ago they told me it would be here on Thursday? What was that all about? Honestly I am sorry at this point for buying the Ultimate Driving Machine....because it is certainly not the Ultimate car company from a customer service point of view......!!!!!!!