View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E60, E71, E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskane View Post
Thanks BimmerFan52. But unfortunately, on the 6HP19 there is no space available to remove the sealing sleeve without removing the mechatronics. I am not sure which trans you have, but if you have 6HP!9, you will need to remove the mechatronics/valve body unit in order to change the sealing sleeve.

I guess, taking your earlier advise I will keep my old 12k trans oil sump for another 30-40K's before replacing it and only change the oil. Also, wit the pan on, only 4 litres of oil drained, when I took the pan off, another 1.5 litres of oil drained. So a total of 5.5L with taking the pan off, otherwise only 4L would have come out. Now the pan is hanging on the car while I get new bolts tomorrow, do you think I should still do a 2 drain process suggested earlier or just one?

I don't think I want to remove the mechatronics unit yet on my car, and I do have a new sealing sleeve, if anyone wants to buy that within Australia .
Sounds like you have no leak on your mechatronic sleeve, since you have 5.5 quart/litre on fluid when you dropped the pan. I'll say just replace the filter and re-fill with fresh fluid and you are good to go. BTW always use ZF filter and fluid, just to make sure you have no compatibility issue down the road. Not sure where to get those in down-under.