View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 e60
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushane View Post
Are you talking about one of the CCV hoses? I am dealing with something similar - rough idle, and codes P0171 and P0174 (left and right banks running lean) and the SES light on along with the 'Increased Emissions' message. Seems like I have a vaccuum leak because when I spray carb-cleaner on the side of the intake manifold - the rpm surges a bit. Haven't seen exactly where the leak is though.

Ordered the CCV kit, but dreading the DIY on it since I've heard its not fun. Any input from you is greatly appreciated. Also, does the DISA look pretty bent out of shape? I took mine out, but it looked fine and held the flap open when I covered the vaccuum hole with my finger. 74k miles on my M54.
yeah my disa valve was really messed up i forgot to take a pic of it ill post it later, but its bad all the was around the seal around it was flat and pressed so i had leak pulling from there ,yeah its kinda of pain but well worth it a dealer or shop is going to be expensive not to mention all the other mark ups they do on labor , all in all my e60 is running smooth, check all your hoses and the oil separator from the crank case to the intake and secondary air pump is usually the problem ,.i posted some pics of the parts replace and that seem to be the cure for now...