View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW Z4 3.0
Moisture is getting inside of the headlight housing. This happened to my Z4 a couple of years ago. I began to notice moisture inside of the headlight housing of my passenger headlight. It did not take long for the moisture to short out everything inside of the headlight housing. My car had just come out of warranty and it wound up costing me $1900.00 to replace the entire headlight housing and everything inside of the housing. It was a couple months later my headlight on the drivers side started to get moisture inside of it. I wound up taking the door off of the back of the housing and taking a blow dryer and sticking it up inside the headlight housing and letting it run on high until I was sure all the moisture had evaperated.Once the water was gone I took some silicone and ran a good thick beed all the way around the door gasket.I ran the beed right on top of the gasket inside the groove that runs all the way around the door that fits on the back of the headlight housing. I have not had any problems with moisture getting inside the headlight housing since. I hope this helps. Good luck !