View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:50 PM
hang up and drive!

Mein Auto: 335d
OK, I dropped off my 335d at the dealer this morning so they could resolve the P203A Code and the low DEF.

They gave me a Hertz rental for the day. A Ford Taurus. Definitely not a bimmer!

Called me back this afternoon to say vehicle was ready. All it needed was two bottles of DEF. I warned that they should have a good explanation for the low DEF and the code and that I would verify the code was cleared with my Garmin.

So, I get to the dealer and meet with my SA. He repeats that all it needed was two bottles of DEF and that all codes were cleared. When i questioned him about how the DEF was low, he said the shop manager, after seeing which mechanic had serviced it last back some 6k miles ago, must not have topped off the DEF and did not reset the P203A code, which is why i was seeing it ever since.

OK, so I think this may pass the plausibility test after all. Failed to reset code at service, and this P203A is a hidden code for the driver. Mechanic fails to top off DEF, so I got the low level before it should have been due.

Get the feeling these guys are still trying to figure out our cars?

Gremlins, or not??? Getting close to holloween!

I'm feeling the extended warranty/service plan will be a must. This must be costing BMW a fortune to service/warrant these cars and provide loaners too.

2010 Black 335D Sport/Premium, Michelin PSS 235/265
2000 Silver Z3 3.0i (Ret)
1999 Silver R1200C (Ret)
1968 Black 1600 Coupe (Ret)

Last edited by Flyingman; 10-16-2012 at 05:53 PM.