View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferD View Post
... Looking at bmwusa site the ECO Credit is still listed. I believe you would also be eligible for the ($750) Loyalty Cash.
Thanks for the reply. I did finally get in touch with my sales rep (good friend's son) today. I had called him last week and left a message on Monday. He said he had "been busy". Odd, when I was in sales and someone told me they wanted to buy my product, I was calling them, following up, etc. Maybe he didn't think I was serious? When I spoke to him last week I gave him a VERY accurate description of what I was looking for in a '12 Diesel. When we spoke today I asked him if he had found a car close to my request? His response...You wanted a Diesel, right? I told him I was on a BMW lot and sent him the lot number of a Diesel that wasn't perfect but that "would work". LOL, in the end I had to hunt down the car, badger the sales rep, tell him about BMWconfig, inform him what the Invoice figure was, etc. The things we do to help friends out...LOL. In the end, he is young and learning and I am easy going so hopefully we can bring this to a close before the end of the week.

In any case, once we did get the chance to talk he did confirm that the eco credit was still available and I already knew that I qualified for the Loyalty cash. I had thought that I would also have a chance for the $1,000 rebate through BMWCCA but I realized that my membership has likely expired (I don't recall renewing it anytime in the last few years so ...my bad). You have to have been a CONTINUOUS member for 365 days prior to purchase and unless my membership was a 5 year one, I am pretty certain I don't qualify. I also signed up for the Olympic drive but don't recall attending the event (busy due to work, life & not thinking that I was going to buy another BMW, etc) so I think I am loosing out on that credit as well (unless I can somehow use the registration confirmation for collateral).

In any case, it looks like I can probably still get a pretty good, no longer the GREAT deal I had hoped for but may still be viable. I can actually get a Porsche Cayenne (non-diesel) with more options for less or pay an additional $5K and get the Diesel equivalent and a lower (2% for 60 month) loan so this should be interesting...

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)