View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 PM
jertronic

Mein Auto: 2008 328 xi sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
These two statements seem at odds with one another.

I am correct about it having owned a 1999 328i.
I also owned a 1999 328i. And yes the oil change interval was 15K, but more importantly I couldn't resist raving about that car. That vehicle was the superior of the three 3 series I have owned. The lack of X-drive is my thesis as to the explanation.

On the thread topic.... The predominance of turbo engines will likely tweak the Mike Miller plan. I follow portions of Mike's plan. Some maintenance items are no brainers. Common sense dictates that changing the coolant prior to factory recommendations will prolong the life and dependability of the cooling system. Can somebody describe how following BMW's plan is favorable over Mike's plan in this component?

My car has enjoyed single ownership and I intend to hold on for some time, 4 more years.
I will be following Mike's plan more than not. If one supports the lifetime fluid policy then they obviously do not have ownership of length in mind.