View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by euhysh View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread, but this thread helped out a lot changing out the microfilters. Got a quick question, I'm looking down the intake hole on the side and I see tons of crap and dead vegetation in there. It's completely jam packed in there...anyone know a way to clear this out? I tried using vacuum, needle nose pliers and even chopsticks but no luck, the space is too small. Is it ok to have all that crap in there? AC still works fine and stuff.
Can you take a pic of what you are trying to clean? If you are trying to get down into a tight area I like to use a 1/2" clear rubber hose attached to a shopVac. I have the clear hose attached to a step up adapter that fits into the shopVac hose. The adapter cost about $0.50 at home depot. I added a bit of duct tape to the threaded end to make sure it fits snugly into the end of the shopVac hose:

Is it the try you are trying to clean? The tray under the filter lifts out which would make for easy cleaning. Here is a pic from my Brake Pad DIY:

'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater