View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Milner View Post
I would like to apologise for the many comments ... denigrating your tireless efforts to get a job done right
Thanks for the kind words. I don't think it has as much to do with gender as with the fact that most people have the confidence to just 'do the job' without looking up how.

I don't have that confidence - but - as always - our strength is our weakness.

The strength of many who "just know" how to do it is that they get the job done fast and easily - yet - their weakness is they often do it 'wrong' (e.g., a BMW brake job is nearly dry if you ask Bentley).

On the other hand, I might do it right (because of the extensive research), yet it takes me forever to get the job done.

In the end, we need both types of people to cover the weaknesses and to add up the strengths. That's what a TEAM is all about!

Quote:
am using your material as the most through and complete set of instructions
Thank you for recognizing the fact that EVERYTHING that I could think of answering 'is' in this thread (i.e., all torque figures, specs, measurements, fluids, decisions, tools, tricks, mistakes, suppliers, costs, etc.)
Quote:
ignore the macho "Just get the damn thing done" guys who would never admit to their mistakes.
Thanks. I think, since this was my very first thread on Bimmerfest, folks were unaware of my propensity to keep asking and looking for answers - so it threw them off at first.

Quote:
Did the fronts on my 03 525iT, followed your instructions to a T.
Fantastic! It makes me feel good to know that the team helped someone else, simply by typing our experiences and by posting our pictures!