View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
I mean this sincerely because you're a nice kid and a lot of us have tried to help you all summer: You clearly bought the wrong car.

- You came off a Mini Cooper S which is a go-kart compared to the F30.

- You bought a stripper with practically no options.

- You didn't do any research on features.

- Saving money is more important to you than performance.

From Auto Start/Stop to folding rear seats to comfort access to Bluetooth to iPod USB there's not an available feature on the car that you understood or comprehended wasn't on your build. I myself must have answered two dozen of your questions and they always went something like "sorry, you don't have Enhanced USB so you can't..."

The F30 is designed to be a sporty $50,000 luxury car. While you can buy it for $38,000 it's not intended to be very enjoyable that way as its "missing" features you can get standard on an Acura TL for a song.

So I'd argue that if you expected the Ultimate Driving Machine after coming off a tiny Mini Cooper and skipped the Sport line, that's a mistake on your part alone. You bought a car that's 30% larger and you're surprised? No different than skipping the Technology package and then writing your letter to BMW about "missing" USB and Bluetooth features.

You bought the wrong car, period. It's not an under-featured boat if you pay more and option it correctly. Talk to your dealer, trade it in for the Clubman you should have bought instead.

BJ
+1 the i4 kicks you know what over the 328 e90 i6

2011 328xi. Space Grey, Beige Dakota Leather, Premium pkg., Value pkg., NAV, SAT, Heated SW, Steptronic,