View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:06 AM
jertronic

Mein Auto: 2008 328 xi sedan
[QUOTE=sunny5280;7139423]The current 3-series offers a RWD option.

After having 2 consecutive models with x drive, I have concluded that I prefer the feel and performance of my original 1999 328i RWD. For my 2 most recent models I chose AWD over RWD recently due to the climate where I live. This was a concious decision. For my 2 most recent models I did not walk in the dealership thinking that the current 3 series were available solely in x-drive. In 1999 x drive was not available on the 3 series, or on any BMW series or model for that matter.

You inferred that I believe e90 and current 3series are offered solely in x-drive
flavors.

I was implying that if I could take a "do over" I would have purchased a RWD for my current vehicle.

It goes without saying that current and modern 3 series are available in RWD. 95% of the readers of this forum are aware of that fact.

You should go by Sunny Holmes. Or, Sunny D. That is short for Sunny Delight.

But, I agree that there can be a happy medium for maintenance which is done on a schedule somewhere in between MM's and BMW's.