View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: 96 Z3M (M S52 conversion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino1394 View Post
From the 2nd video i posted on the 1st page that doesnt look like it.

skip to 9 mins and thats the check valve.

have you done all the tests to narrow it down to the valve?
Well, when I did my pressure check as you did in your last video, my gauge looked just as yours did. When it was sitting there it would drain down, when I clicked the key to the 3rd click it was around 20+ psi, when I started it would sit around 50psi...

that with the exact same starting issue you are having and I think it's the same problem.

Other troubleshooting: Checked for Fuel Injection pulse when starting, changed my Fuel pump out for one with 40k miles on it. Unfortunately it did the same thing. Switched back my old pump back in. New Crank position sensor, New Fuel Filter, Reset Computer, checked Relay(Main and Fuel Pump).

My starting issue is spiratic. Sometimes it starts perfectly on the first turn over. The other times it takes 3 spin overs with 3 key cycles and then it starts OR the one that you are having where it spins over and over and over for more than 20+ spins and many key cycles and no start and then somewhere in there it starts and runs perfect.

It makes me feel like it might not start. It's my wifes fun car and I hate for her to feel stranded.