View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 11:40 AM
AT LAW

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535xi Sport
I had a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE for about 2.5 years.

It was a great looking vehicle and drove fairly nicely, however, at the end of the day, it was a very heavy, underpowered SUV which was not overly exciting to drive.

The Supercharged would have been significantly more powerful and more enjoyable to drive.

As far as reliability, I traded it in before the factory warranty was to expire.

I can't say I had an unusually large amount of issues, however, there were a lot of issues that were never corrected and I eventually just looked the other way. E.g., radio never received any AM/FM reception (always had to use Sirus or CD's; a fair amount of interior rattles; electronic parking brake would lock up on a regular basis (one time stranding me and burning the right rear brake drum until it was bright red and scorched); etc.

When the dealer advised that the electronic braking issue would have cost me approximately $4,500.00 had it not been under warranty, my mind was made that I would not own it out of warranty.

I looked into extended warranties and the average quote was around $7,500 - $8,500 for two additional years. This lead me to believe the claim rate is very high and I did not want to have to deal with future issues.

The resale was actually pretty good since my miles were low and it was black and black and in brand new condition.

The RRS and the F-10 are completely different vehicles and designed that way.

The one nice thing about the RRS is its ability to haul and tow, if needed.

I don't think I will be buying another RRS anytime soon, however, I wouldn't completely strike them off in the future. Especially if the 2014 body change is well done.

Just keep it in warranty if you do decide to buy one.

PREVIOUS BMW'S:

2012 BMW 535xi
2007 BMW 535i
2000 BMW 528i
1991 BMW 318is