View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 335i Superman M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluhwein View Post
I got excited too a few months ago on my BMW ED redelivery when I saw that same info. Unfortunately, it only means the car is off the boat and released to customs. They aren't back to work until Monday and they only work one 8 hour shift. Maybe, by next weekend the cars will also make it through the VDC. This is the most exasperating part of the process. It seems to take them forever. You hear nothing, then suddenly your dealership calls to tell you the car is ready.
I think you're correct. The customs release line is probably them printing out the the customs form that came from NJ HQ. Basically when it says delivered, it means it's out of WWL's hands. The customs and liners releases are just there to indicated if customs has the car. From this point until your dealer contacts you is basically one giant black hole. If you've done ED, I think you can call the ED Dept to get updates. You can probably also bug your dealer.

I'm also in this hole as well, seems like I haven't made it through customs one week later. Grrr...

2013 BMW 335i Sedan Estoril Blue II M Sport 2PF|6MT|ZDH|ZTP|Coral Red Leather|688|508
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R