View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:12 PM

Mein Auto: S/C F150 / m3?
Considering a 95 e36 M3 for fun DD?

Hey guys, Ive been reading a ton on here but this is my first post...

I recently moved to southern california and transferred schools, (I am a 23 y/o full time mechanical engineering student). I am looking for a fun reasonably cheap DD and thinking an e36 m3 is the way to go! My best friend actually has a 95 and wants to trade for my yamaha wr250x supermoto, I love the bike but it doesnt make as much sense since I moved so I am strongly considering trading. Ive driven the car and it was a ton of fun, but my biggest concern is the actual cost to DD this car...it has 140K miles, turner stage 2 kit, exhaust, good tires, aluminum radiator w/ efans, some valence under the radiator, koni suspension, and I think thats most of it. I have another project, so mainly looking for something I can drive and not put a ton of time into!

He says he gets almost 30mpg on the freeway but Ive heard it will get much less, I think thats just the OBC reading and its really lower than that? What major maintenance items do you guys think I would need to address. I know it has a rebuilt vanos, good tires, fresh belts, window motors, etc as he just went through it pretty well. It could use a paint job but I really dont care about that if its a solid car and its not that bad anyway.

I have seen threads and talked to people that say they are very solid, and then read other threads saying the are maintenance pigs! What is your guys' take on this and would it be a good fit for my situation, or would you just get something cheaper and boring?
Advertisement