View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepointnine View Post
this topis has been beat to death I know, but I have different needs/wants in my tires than most people on here so Im hoping somebody can give me some choices!

my scorpions are getting close to being done, so I am obviously tire shopping, I live in the PNW so cold rain is the norm, along with snow once or twice a year.

I drive lots of curvy roads and even drive down dirt roads pretty regularly.

I like my scorpions, but I honestly feel they are overpriced for what they are.
I have PSP's on my CLK500...pretty good tire.

I CARE about load rating (I tow my race bike trailer all over, about 1000-1200 pounds loaded with my bike and tools) and I CARE about wet handling (curvy roads in the olympic peninsula in the rain heading to surf spots in the winter)

COST is an issue, I WILL NOT spend more than the Scorpions (and I really dont want to spend that much)

I DO NOT care about treadwear (much), noise or harshness. Id be driving a caddy if those were my concerns.
(for reference my last vehicle was a lifted Nisasn titan with 33's that were over 13" wide)

so start throwing out the suggestions...I was looking at the Conti DWS, but they seem to be eternally backordered.
Yokohama Avid Envigor.. running them on my X3... and the run-flat version on my 328xi...very nice tire.

('11 E92 328i xDrive - Deep Sea Blue | '07 E92 328xi - Space Gray)