View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by longerone View Post
Thank you for your perspective Bihotto, it further confirms my line of thinking. I will release it real fast and look for a lower mileage one say 40K. Which of the bemers have the most leg room for the driver? I assume that all needed maintenance will show on the dash computer B4 hand.
You'd think so, but I'd be a little less trusting of people. The maintenance items in the computer can all be reset whenever the hell one wants, so that isn't a solid indication to go by. I'd look at the big things that need changing if you plan on keeping the car for a bit longer, say 1-2+ years (this goes for any car really, not just this 200K mileage one): Rotors, Brake Pads, Brake Fluid flush, Tires, check how solid rims are (if original ones), check overall suspension (go to an Indy and have him hoist the sucker up and look at everything alongside the suspension), hoses, etc. Thermostat/Waterpump may need changing as well if it hasn't already been done in the mid 100's for mileage. Don't forget about oil and other fluids!

I bought my car at 114K for $11K, if that's any indication for value, and I'd like to think I got a solid deal, since a lot of goodies were included like mats, stuff in the trunk for storage, etc.

For legroom, the 3 series sedan does offer a solid amount of leg room, especially for your size if you throw the seats all the way back. I believe the coupe is about the same'ish, plus or minus an inch or two. For someone of my size, the coupe and sedan felt nearly the same honestly, so if you fit in the coupe, the sedan might give you a bit more breathing room if you move the seats all the way back. If you want even more leg room, an E60 5 series should do the trick, and I bet you could find a great price for an 07 or 08 528i or 535i if you look hard enough.